#Mapping your processes
How do you map your processes.
It’s not too dissimilar to charting your sailing route.
- You map where you are going to sail to some port for example.
- You check the weather, the boat, you brief the crew.
- You plan how you leave the harbour Dock.
- During the process you continously improve your processes, information flow and who does what how.
- You modify your course according to the progress, the goal and the environment surrounding the boat.
- You build team communication, self reliance, engagement and solving problems.
- You discuss and agree how to enter the harbour.
- You practice maneuvers, man overboard, charting, weather, depth, sail trim, safety.
- You do a post process sail review, let’s call it, one point lesson OPL.
- We practice andon and standard work particularly during a race. SOP is carried always, each time we do a manoeuvre.
- We practice problem solving.
- We visual management the course on a small white board.
- We kaizen knots, procedures, harbouring, engine checks.
- We enjoy and celebrate.
How do you process your map?